Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors – Guide for 2020
With the rising popularity that is coming with laminate floors, homeowners have a challenge keeping them clean. These laminate floors are easy to take care of, but they demand more attention to increase their lifespan and still have that great new look. To ensure you take great care of your floors, you need the best vacuum to keep the laminate floors clean.
You should carefully choose the best type of vacuum to prevent your floor from scratching, damages, warps, and streaks. This review is supposed to guide you through selecting the best vacuum for laminate floors that will be worth the cost.
Table of Contents
Vacuum for Laminate Floors Reviews
- 1. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor
- 2. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G
- 3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
- 4. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- 5. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet
- 6. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
- 7. BISSELL Crosswave Floor and Carpet
- 8. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
- Best Robot Vacuums for Laminate Floors
- Things to Consider – Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors
Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors Reviews
Having the right vacuum cleaner to suit the type of floor that you have will not only give better cleaning but also maintain them for long. For those who have laminate floors, the following are quality machines that are specifically designed for laminate floors.
1. Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hardwood Floor
Last update on 2020-10-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The first noticeable feature with this vacuum is its V shape cleaning head that helps you clean around and under your furniture and even in the corners of your home. This unique V shape helps in pushing dirt to the center of the path and ensures that it is all sucked in, leaving your floors spotlessly clean.
Scratches are one of the damages that you do not require on your laminate floor to give it that perfect look. The vacuum has wheels that roll over laminate floors, and it has no brush roll, either preventing the scratching of the laminate floors.
With a fantastic high suctioning power, you rest assured of a great cleaning job. The vacuum picks up dirt, debris, and pet hair that is too tiny. You don’t have to go a few times to suck the dirt, because the suction power is high enough to clear everything at once.
The vacuum is bagless, the vacuum uses a dirt cup that stores the dirt before emptying. Emptying is made more accessible by the fact that the dirt cup can easily get detached from the vacuum for leaving and put it back without taking up too much of your precious time.
- This vacuum has a fantastic suctioning power that collects dirt and sucks it in where there is more suctioning.
- With its soft rubber covered wheels, you get assured that it will not graze the floor.
- They have a unique V-shape foot style for better cleaning.
- It has a swivel steering that ensures you avoid obstacles easily during cleaning.
- It comes with one stage the only filtration.
- This vacuum is lightweight.
- For edges and corners, it is a great vacuum.
- It has proven to be easy to empty and clean it.
- It is very gentle on hardwood floors leaving behind no scratches.
- Rubber squeegees do not allow the back particles to escape.
- It has a relatively short power cord.
- Less powerful with the foam filter being intact.
2. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G
Last update on 2020-10-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This lightweight yet versatile vacuum meets all your cleaning requirements. With its specially made design, it comes with a carry handle that can get used as an on-board storage clip for your eight-inch crevice item. The vacuum has a 360-degree swivel that is on the underside vacuum is also used as a cord hook for more adaptability.
It has a dual smooth surface and comes with a carpet floor nozzle that also plays a double switch up the role. Both simply tap the rocker switch that is on the left-hand side of the attachment. Your vacuum also has a Eureka Mighty Mite Motor Filter that is spherical, and it catches all particulate matter just before it gets to hit the motor. It increases the lifespan of your vacuum by avoiding an overheating problem.
For increased airflow and to maximize the suction power, the bristles on the first row have spaces. The second row of bristles has no space so that it can keep the airflow drawn in. It also has a deluxe floor brush and a bare floor nozzle. To append the attachment to the side of this canister, it has a docking clip and other features that are the 360-degree swivel neck and high-speed spinning wheels.
- It has a power touch handle that comes with easy to use finger-tip controls.
- It comes with a blower port that cleans up debris in the garage.
- Sturdy brush rolls that clean your floor correctly.
- It has a 360-degree swivel neck in the underside of the vacuum.
- You get assured of quick and efficient vacuuming.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Easy to remove and replace the dust bag
- The hose is of poor quality plastic material.
3. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you want everything clean in your home? Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 does clean perfectly everything in your home. It is easy to do the cleaning in the whole house in a quick manner, which saves time to perform other duties. Freshness and cleanness in the house will be a new thing when using Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1. It shows better as floor steam mop, mirror and glass cleaner, carpet cleaner, handheld garment steamer, and many more activities.
In our homes, we have families, pets, and children who we value their hygiene. The super-heated steam does clear germs to up to 99.99 percent providing safety in your home. No harsh chemicals used during cleaning, which make our loved ones harmless. Consider applying for cleaning tile and hardwood—moreover, ideal for sealed tile, stainless steel, and glass.
One can adjust the modes which assist you in catering to the mop’s steam level to your needs. It is significant during the preservation of the finishing hardwood floor. The steam cleaner’s 11.50z reservoir is better for twenty to twenty-five minutes of steaming on the lowest setting. It helps save on the cost of detergents because it uses tap water only to steam off the dirt. Also, quality standards are considered during the manufacturing of the steam mops to satisfy customer’s needs.
- Safety in homes. Children and pets have a 99.99 percent sanitation assurance
- Happiness is a guarantee
- Light and Navigable
- Everything gets cleaned
- Assist in funding pet foundation
- Time management as one can combine vacuuming and washing at the same time
- After usage one can finish cleaning in seconds
- It is undoubtedly perfect for people who own pets that shed fur
- Focusses on tiles, rubber, floor mats, sealed hard floors and carpets
- The cord is slightly short
- It is advisable to try other products, that is if you are only searching for the vacuum function
4. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
Last update on 2020-06-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you worry about how to go about cleaning in your spacious house? Most people tend to experience a lot of trouble cleaning their kitchen rooms or mats. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum is the right choice for your home’s cleaning needs. It deep cleans carpets and cleans bare floors. For the best maneuvering around the furniture to keep off all dirt with its excellent swivel steering control. It can convert into a hand vacuum, making it fit for cleaning the ceiling and the versatile floors.
It is almost weightless with its ultra-light-weight make that weighs less than eight pounds. This vacuum does not in any condition lose its suction or power, and this sort of reliability is what you are after. It has a great feature that is the home and car micro kit tools that clean even the smallest of places you cannot access. It is easy to control and switch from carpet use to use on hard floors with its finger-tip controls. Storing the vacuum is quite easy with dual storage options where you fix the hand vacuum to the underside of the wand or secure it against a wall mount.
- Never loses power
- Flexible floor to ceiling cleaning
- Cleans bare floors and carpets
- Swivel steering
- Easy for movement as one can reach tight spaces and under furniture
- It has various accessories and attachments
- 30-inch cord
- Five-year warranty
- It is excellent in the house when picking pet hair
- Easy to access and buy replaceable parts
- Bagless dust cap
- The dust cup is small
- The filtration system is weak
- The brand one has to unplug to shut off.
5. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet
An upright mode where you can maneuver easily with the dynamic swivel steering that gives you a deeper clean when it gains access to those hard to reach places. The motorized cleaner head gets extended to get out the dirt wherever it might be under the furniture without the vacuum losing the power of the motor. Detaching the handle from its wand gives you a vacuum with an above the floor mode that helps you clean your ceiling.
Pet power brush mode that removes dirt, allergens, and dust from the floors to the corners of your home and even from deep inside the pillows. The finger-tip controls on the handle allow you to effortlessly switch from bare floors to the carpet and the other way around.
Dynamic swivel steering is of great use when it comes to maneuvering around your furniture and other items standing in your way during cleaning. The LED lights also help when it comes to cleaning under your furniture, giving you a clear view of all the dirt and dust you have not been noticing.
If you suffer from allergies, this vacuum is excellent for you since it has a HEPA filter and a closed air system that traps most of the dirt and allergens. The mini motorized brush removes clingy pet hair and dander that gets embedded.
- It has a trumpet motorized brush roll that ensures the removal of pet hair on the carpet and the hard floors.
- It comes with a HEPA filter that traps all dust and allergens in the vacuum.
- Pod mode, canister mode, or upright mode, this is offered by the 3 in 1 lift away design.
- Mobility is effortless due to the rotator technology that has the swivel steering feature.
- The canister can be detached to clean the areas that are hard to reach.
- It is easy to put it together.
- For tight pet hair, the vacuum tackles it easily.
- Great suctioning power.
- It can clean under low height furniture.
- It keeps suctioning power on during all configurations.
- A tad on the heavy side.
6. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner
When using the hoover floormate deluxe hard floor cleaner, you never have to worry about cleaning the floors with dirty water. The dual tank technology allows you to get rid of the mop and bucket system and get into the modern world of technology. Two tanks keep the water separated, and the dirty water is separate from the clean water; therefore, you do not have to worry about pushing dirty water onto your floors.
Even after washing the vacuums, great features ensures that your home is dry. It suctions up all the dirty water in one swift move and leaves your floor clean, dry, and shiny.
With its spin scrub brushes, the vacuum does all the cleaning work for you. It scrubs and washes hard floors from any angle without making a scratch on the floor. The spin scrub brushes are easy to remove, and you get to clean them and rinse them for a clean scrub the next time you clean your home. There is also the nozzle that is too easily removable, and you rinse it for a tremendous hassle-free cleaning.
Are you having stubborn stains and heavy traffic dirt spots in your home? Then this vacuum will work for you with its finger-tip control. It adds detergent to the stains and gives you a clean boost control. It is perfect and safe for use on all surfaces that get sealed.
- Has a wash and dry mode selector.
- The spin scrub brushes technology that is removable helps in effective dirt removal.
- Hard floor cleaning vacuum that is safe on sealed hard floors.
- It comes with a dual tank technology.
- It is perfect for use on vinyl, ceramic tiles, laminate surfaces, and of course, hardwood.
- The spin scrub brushes are removable for easy cleaning.
- It is for both washing and drying purposes.
- Lightweight making it easy to carry around your home.
- It keeps clean and dirty water separate during cleaning.
- The dual tanks fill up pretty quickly.
7. BISSELL Crosswave Floor and Carpet
The first noticeable feature of this vacuum is that it can multi-function all at the same time. That is, it can performing vacuuming and washing of your floors at the same time, saving on a lot of time you would have used performing both activities.
With the dual tank system, you keep your house clean and free from contact with dirty water. Having a system that keeps dirty water away from the freshwater ensures that you are always cleaning with some freshwater. Talking about dual features, let us not forget the double-action brush roll that mops and picks up dirt and debris from your floor, making your cleaning more effective than in instances where you use a sponge mop.
- The Bissell cross wave vacuum can vacuum and wash your floors at the same time.
- It uses the dual tank system feature to keep the water separate.
- The vacuum can clean both area rugs and hard floors that are sealed.
- The handle has smart touch controls allowing you to switch from cleaning rugs to floors.
- It has a long power cord that is 25 ft. long, allowing you to cover a large cleaning area.
- Uses up very little energy.
- Has easy to reach controls on the handle.
- The double tank ensures your home is clean enough.
- It is quite heavy compared to other vacuums we have reviewed.
8. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum
Dual storage options allow you to fix your hand vacuum to the underside of the wand, and you can also use it to secure the vacuum to your wall mount. The finger-tip controls ensure that you easily switch between hard floors and the carpet, giving you the cleaning experience you are looking forward to having in your home.
Get yourself the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded vacuum and get to experience its mighty action in cleaning. Considering how easy it is to use this vacuum, you do not get a hard time starting it up and making full use of it.
- Swivel steering enhances control for cleaning around and under furniture.
- It has different controls for different floor types that are right at your finger-tip.
- The vacuum has a two-way storage option.
- It can clean both bare floors, and it deep cleans carpets.
- It weighs less than eight pounds with its ultra-lightweight build.
- Has a wall mount.
- Has a bagless stick-type vacuum.
- Ultra-lightweight with a weight of fewer than eight pounds.
- Cleans the tiniest of spaces.
- Has an upholstery tool.
- It has a narrow cleaning path.
Best Robot Vacuums for Laminate Floors
If you would like the vacuum cleaner to handle all the work while you do something else, a robotic model comes in handy. The following are some amazing robotic vacuum cleaners that are suitable for laminate floors.
1. Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S (Slim)
Looking for a way to make cleaning the easiest chore to perform without having to push around any bulky machine? The Eufy BoostIQ, with its intelligent robot design and advanced technology it operates flawlessly. With its boost IQ technology and quiet operation, this vacuum boasts of giving your home the perfect clean look.
- Quiet operation and high suctioning power.
- For safety, it has a scratch-free tempered glass top cover.
- It has a drop sensing technology upgrade that ensures it does have falls.
- Automatically rechargeable making it always ready and at your service for cleaning.
- Large wheels that roll over carpets and climbs over ledges of doors to clean up.
- Slim figure making it one of the low profile robot vacuums that access under furniture.
- It cleans both hard floors to medium pile carpets.
- It comes with five different cleaning modes.
- You can easily control it using a remote.
- The Robovac alerts you using a red indicator button if there is an error.
- It cannot dislodge itself when stuck.
2. iRobot Roomba 675
This robot vacuum comes with enough amount of power and the best features that make it suitable for use. You just have to connect it from anywhere and control it to clean using your smartphone. With the sensor upgraded technology, you do not have to worry about it falling and cleaning under your furniture, and it does the job on its own accord. Its height adapts to clean both carpets and hard floors. This vacuum offers you the best quality cleaning you require.
- It loosens, lifts and suctions dust, hair, and dust from hard floors and carpets, giving it a three-stage cleaning system.
- Dirt detector sensor technology that helps it detect dirt and concentrate a lot more on areas patched with dirt.
- It moves with ease around and under furniture during cleaning, giving you a thorough clean.
- Two-way multi-surface brushes grab dust, dirt, and even large debris.
- It automatically docks and recharges itself after running for ninety minutes.
- Sweeps debris away from corners and edges.
- Connect your iRobot Roomba vacuum to your smartphone and control it from anywhere.
- It has an auto-adjust cleaning head.
- It comes with sensors that detect dirt or a fall.
- It does not have a dual-mode virtual wall barrier to keep it away from restricted areas.
Things to Consider – Before Buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Laminate Floors
With the many variations of vacuum, cleaners for laminate floors on the market today. It can be hard to figure out which one is the best for you. To make your work easier, these buying tips will help you get a personalized machine that meets your cleaning requirements.
If you encounter problems while lifting loads, the weight of the vacuum is something you should consider. We all desire something light if we have to carry it about or push it from one point to another. Modern-day vacuums get made using lighter materials and products to avoid burdening you. Remember, as you purchase a vacuum, the more it collects dirt during cleaning, it tends to get heavier.
2. Suction power
Suction power is generated by the motor of the vacuum with the vacuum head make determining how efficient the suctioning power gets. A vacuum that perfectly seals the floor as it will not experience any loss in the suctioning power.
3. Type of vacuum
Vacuums come in different types. For example, there is the canister, robotic, handheld, and upright vacuums. The convenience type and even floor design are the guiding factors when it comes to vacuum types. Your individual preference becomes an essential guide to the kind of vacuum you get to use.
4. Ease of use
Whichever vacuum you get to buy should be flexible enough to accommodate usage by anyone. For this reason, you will have to get yourself an easy to use or handle the vacuum. It will keep your mind at rest even when your children decide to do some house cleaning on their own.
Every vacuum reviewed above has its pros and cons when it comes to cleaning laminate floors. Get yourself a laminate floor vacuum, be it robotic or not, that will lessen the load and mess that comes with cleaning. After going through this review, I am pretty sure you have found the best vacuum for you, and you can confidently go ahead and buy one.