Dyson Canister Vacuum Review – Top 3 Models in Market
Table of Contents
- Top 3 Dyson Canister Vacuum Reviews
- 1. Dyson DC47 Animal
- 2. Dyson DC39 Animal
- 3. Dyson DC39 Multi Floor
- Where Can You Buy A Dyson Canister Vacuum?
- Why Would You Choose A Dyson?
- What Are The Benefits To Having A Dyson Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
- What Do The Dyson Canister Vacuum Reviews Say?
- How Much Should You Spend On A Dyson Vacuum Canister Model?
- Is A Dyson Going To Be Worth The Price?
- Share this:
Top 3 Dyson Canister Vacuum Reviews
1. Dyson DC47 Animal
Weight: 13.84 pounds
Tools: Stair tool, combination tool & tangle-free turbine tool
Cord: 16.4′ retractable
All Dyson vacuums work great with their “no loss of suction” ball technology, but the new Dyson DC47 works better. Here’s why.
This newest vacuum in the Dyson line uses their new 2 Tier RadialTM Cyclone technology. How is it different than the Radial RootTM technology of the older models? This new technology creates smaller cyclones of air, meaning it travels faster within the vacuum, and more microscopic dust can be captured from the air. So, while the older models work great, this Dyson DC47 Animal canister vacuum works even better
- Easy to clean hard to reach areas and corners
- Light weight with fantastic suction
- Does a great job of sucking up pet hair, long hair and dirt
- 8.4″ cleaner head width for small spaces
- Smaller, more compact and light weight than other Dyson handhelds
- Compact (smaller than other handheld models), so you’ll need to empty it more often.
- The cord is relatively short.
- So light weight, some users reported that it tipped over when rolling on carpet.
Read our full Dyson DC47 Animal review
2. Dyson DC39 Animal
Weight: 16.9 pounds
Tools: Stair tool, combination tool, tangle-free turbine tool
Cord: 21.7′ retractable
- Very easy to handle & canister glides effortlessly
- Great at sucking up small particles, dog and cat hair and dust.
- Flexible head makes it great for small, tight or awkward spaces
- 10.4″ cleaner head width, so you can cover a bit more area
- More suction power than the smaller Dyson DC47 Animal
- No place on the unit to store attachments
- So much suction, it sometimes gets “stuck” on carpet
3. Dyson DC39 Multi Floor
Technical Specs of the Dyson DC39 Multi Floor canister vacuum:
Weight: 16.9 pounds
Tools: Stair tool, combination tool
Cord: 21.7′ retractable
- Easy to swap out attachments
- Great for picking up dust, small bits of debris
- Easily maneuverable for small spaces
- 10.4″ width cleaner head covers more surface area
- Sometimes hard to go across carpet due to extreme suction
- Attachment gets tangled with pet hair (That’s why they made the Animal version of this vac.)
See the full Dyson DC39 Multi Floor review
Where Can You Buy A Dyson Canister Vacuum?
One appliance that few of us pay much attention to when we make our purchase is a new vacuum cleaner. These are the kind of purchase is that most of us make when our old vacuum cleaner has broken down. However, purchasing a Dyson canister vacuum is a very different kind of experience. This is not an appliance purchase most people tend to begrudge, but rather one that they are going to brag about. It seems as if everyone who owns a Dyson wants everyone to know it. It’s even better if you can find Dyson vacuums on sale. Cheap Dyson vacuum cleaners are hard to find, but if you can’t afford a brand new model, you may want to look at refurbished Dyson vacuums, which are sold at a significant discount.
Why Would You Choose A Dyson?
For those who have never used a Dyson vacuum cleaner, it may seem somewhat crazy that people get so excited about the vacuum cleaner. After all, vacuuming is not the kind of thing you probably enjoy, so investing in a device to do this may seem like a waste of time. But, there are numerous benefits to purchasing a Dyson, not least of which is that this is a vacuum cleaner that is going to provide you with high quality, reliable cleaning for years to come.
What Are The Benefits To Having A Dyson Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
Perhaps the first thing that you should understand about the entire line of Dyson vacuums is that the technology within these vacuum cleaners is completely different from any other vacuum you have used before. Sir James Dyson spent decades developing this technology, after being as frustrated with his vacuum cleaner as you are with yours.
Dysons use a special type of cyclone technology that ensures 100% suction at all times. This means that a Dyson will pick up many more pieces of dust, debris, dirt, animal hair, and skin cells, then any other vacuum available today. It can also help to separate small microscopic particles from the air so they do not fall back onto your floor’s surface.
For families with pets, children, or anyone who has allergies or asthma, having a Dyson is essential to ensure the cleanest air and surfaces possible. Most Dyson models are also much lighter in weight than comparable vacuum cleaners, and that also helps to make vacuuming a lot easier.
What Do The Dyson Canister Vacuum Reviews Say?
It will not take you long to read the reviews about Dyson vacuum cleaners online to see just how beloved they are to their owners. Almost all of the reviews make note of the fact that people who own Dysons tend to use them on a more regular basis than they ever used their old vacuum cleaners. The reason for this is simple – Dysons are reliable, easy-to-use, and the results you get from this type of cyclone technology makes cleaning floors, carpets, and furniture so much more effective.
How Much Should You Spend On A Dyson Vacuum Canister Model?
There was a time when purchasing a Dyson vacuum canister model was a pretty easy thing to do. But, now there are numerous models available, all of which have their own particular benefits. For example, the Dyson DC 39 Multi Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the most popular canister models Dyson has ever made, and is now available at a price of around $330.
The Dyson 26 Multi Floor Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a smaller model and lighter weight, ideal for smaller homes or homes that have stairs. This model normally retails at around $400, but can now be purchased for less than $300.
One of the most powerful canister vacuum cleaners Dyson has ever made is the Dyson DC 47 Animal Compact Canister Vacuum Cleaner. This retails for around $430, and includes a five year warranty on parts and labor. This lightweight vacuum cleaner weighs just under 14 pounds, yet it is as powerful as any vacuum cleaner you have ever owned.
Is A Dyson Going To Be Worth The Price?
Some people may argue that a Dyson vacuum cleaner could never be worth the price, but based on the popularity of these vacuum cleaners and the fact that they have not significantly dropped in price over the years means that there is a lot of demand for the cleaning power that these provide. After all, if people all around the world are willing to pay this kind of money for an appliance that they normally would not even want to use, then it has got to be worth it.
Whether you purchase one of the more affordable Dyson models, or you are looking at a model like that Dyson DC 47, there is little doubt that you are going to get your money’s worth. Not only do these have tremendous resale value, but they are obviously designed to last longer and perform better than any vacuum cleaner you have ever owned.